Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons which attach bones to muscles. The common reasons behind this inflammation are like regular exercise, sports or gardening. It can cause different areas of the body like the base of the thumb, knee joints, elbow, and shoulders. Several symptoms like pain and swelling in the area are symptoms. Immediate tendinitis treatment is necessary to avoid severe other body pains. The tendinitis can be diagnosed through MRI scanning or ultrasound. People of over 40 years face tendinitis problems.
What Are The Several Ways Of Tendinitis Treatment?
Treatment can be done at home or at hospitals through tendinopathy. Several doctors provide this treatment at homes or at the hospitals for better relief. Treatment is done on different body parts.
Tendinitis Treatment Of Elbow
The tendinitis appears in elbows or in arms due to different actions like weightlifting, carpentry, gardening, typing, raking, and several other activities. Several symptoms are there in case of tennis elbow like-
- Shaking of hands in certain action
- Swelling in the affected area
- Bruises in several cases
There are several treatments that are taken into consideration for elbow tendinitis and these are-
- Use of ice packs several times on the affected area for reduction of swelling and pain
- Steroids, injections, and painkillers are used but this does not give relief for longer time
- Physical therapy for the strengthening of muscles
- Use of elbow strap to protect the inflamed tendon from any more strain and quick recovery
Tendinitis Treatment Of Shoulders
Shoulder pain and injuries are very common in these days even to young people. These are caused due to sudden activities with extra efforts which pull the muscles in use and leads to tennis shoulder. These problems are basically faced by tennis players and swimmers. There are several symptoms of shoulder tendinitis. They are as followed-
- Clicking sounds while moving arms
- Severe pain in moving of hands or shoulders
Treatments for shoulder tendinitis are as followed-
- Physiotherapy is the best-recommended treatment for curing shoulder tendinitis
- Surgeries are also available for shoulders with prompt recovery.
- Steroids and other anti-inflammatory drugs can be taken for immediate relief.
- Application of cold ice packs two to three times a day is very effective.
Tendinitis Treatment For Knee
This is the most common tendinitis usually seen in elderly people. This is caused due to old age or excess strain to the knee tendons. These are basically seen in athletes like racers, cricketers or footballers. The condition includes-
- Pain and tenderness
- The weakening of knee at high extent
- Stiffness and tightness near the kneecap area of the knee
- Swelling and even bruises in some cases
- Sound can be heard while moving knee while walking or sitting
The most recommended tendinitis treatments of the knee are as followed-
- Physical exercises or RICE (rest, ice packs, compression, and elevation) is the best treatment recommended by the experts.
- Rehabilitation and massages should be taken twice in a week
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be taken to reduce pain for a while
- Knee surgeries are suggested by doctors for excess knee pains
There are several preventive measures that you can take for tendinitis treatment like to apply less pressure in the affected area along with lifting heavy loads. Giving regular massages for proper movement of the part to avoid stiffness and regular use of ice packs in the areas to avoid swelling and bruises are the best treatments as well.