Artificial implants are nothing but a screw shaped teeth that dentists place on your jawbone they are base for supporting artificial teeth and called crowns. In today’s time implants are the most popular dentistry treatment available i.e. recommended by experts like George Pegios.
Modern dental implants have been used successfully from last 30 years and are filling up the vacant spaces inside your mouth even more they are similar to natural teeth in their look, feel and functionality.
Facts about Dental Implants
- Dental implants are the ancient practice which is roughly traced back around 600 AD in history when people used to hammer pieces of shells into the jaw.
- Dental Implants are the only dental restoration process that preserves natural bone.
- In 1951 American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) becomes the world’s first professional organization to practice dental implants.
- In 1952 Swedish orthopedic surgeon P.I. Branemark discovered that naturally fuses with bone.
- Millions of people are opting dental implants to retain their facial appearance and the numbers are growing rapidly.
Overview on Dental Implant Surgery
Dental implant surgery is a procedure that ensures replacement of tooth roots with metals those are screw like posts i.e. replaced by damaged or missing teeth. If you have a question how dental implant surgery is carried out? Well! It completely depends on the type of implant you want and the condition of your jawbone. George says Dental implants provide robust support for new artificial teeth there are numerous surgery procedures available and vary from person to person.
Although implant surgery takes only one day for competition but the bone takes time to heal completely and in many cases it takes several months.
Why Implants are Done
In implants titanium infused in the jawbone and prevents it from slipping, making noise and damaging bones it is the dental procedure that is safest and is not prone to decay and are best over dentures and fixed bridgework. The likable part of the procedure is that they don’t deteriorate like your natural teeth.
Dental Implants Must Be Right Fit for You If You
- Have jawbone that has reached at full growth.
- Have bone graft and have adequate bone to secure implants.
- Don’t have health conditions that affect your bone health.
- Have oral tissues in healthy conditions.
- Want to enhance your speech.
- Don’t want to wear dentures.
- Don’t smoke tobacco.
Risks Involved in Implant Surgery
Like many other surgeries implant surgeries also poses some health conditions, although the problems are not that severe but are easily curable.
List of Included Risks:
- Infection at the site of implant
- Could cause injury to the surrounding structures of other teeth or blood vessels.
- Nerve damage, pain, numbness or tingling in gums, chin and lips.
- Cause sinus problems when implants are placed on the upper jaw can cause sinus cavities.
Preparing for Implant Surgery
The planning process for dental implants requires various specialists that include doctor who specializes in conditions of mouth, jaw and face. An expert dentist specializes in gums and bones, a dentist who designs and fits artificial teeth or (ENT) specialist. Dental implant srequire one or more surgical procedures you must have a thorough evaluation toprepare for the process that must include:
- All-Inclusive Dental Exams: These dental exams are crucial that may include dental X-rays and 3D images taken.
- Reviewing of Your Medical History: Don’t forget to tell your doctor about the medical condition you are going through including the drugs and prescription you are taking.
- Overall Treatment Plan: It includes evaluation of factors such as how many teeth you are going to replace, condition of your jawbone and other remaining teeth.
What You Can Expect
Dental implant surgery is performed in stages which include healing time in between.
The whole process involves multiple steps:
- Damaged Tooth Removal
- Jawbone grafting if needed
- Implant placement
- Bone growth and healing
- Abutment placement
- Artificial tooth placement
The entire process takes many months to finish a significant time is devoted for healing and waiting for the growth of new bone in the jaw depending on your situation and procedure you are intended to use.
Hopefully, the information we have given through the blog might be helpful for you to get adequate dental implants if you are searching for. To know more and to get professional help make sure to contact George Pegios working in the field from years.