A brain tumor is considered a life-threatening situation; however, the signs and symptoms of almost all types of brain tumors are the same, but not all tumors are malignant. Meningioma is the most common type of brain tumor and is often benign; in many cases, you may not need surgery. There are many factors related to this tumor, which you all should know.
Key meningioma facts that you all should know
- Can grow in different places
However, this tumor occurs from cells in meninges i..e in the lining of the brain and spinal cord. Thus they are not exactly brain tumors and don’t result from mutated brain cells. They still develop inside the skull, and that is why there is a need to treat it. The time it grows, it puts pressure on brain cells and causes brain tumor symptoms.
2. Symptoms of this tumor depend upon its location and size
Some common symptoms of meningioma include vision problems, headaches, and seizures. A severe headache solely is considered as its symptoms. Also, larger tumors can block the flow of fluid too. Tumor located in other areas can affect vision, smell, hearing power, and even a function of your pituitary gland.
3. Diagnose of the tumor can also be incidental
Doctors can diagnose meningioma tumors while examining an individual for another reason on a CT scan or MRI. an individual with head injury or any other neurological issues can also diagnose with this tumor. If in any case patient is diagnosed with it, they are recommended for further tests to treat that further.
More Read: 5 Cancer-Fighting Superfoods
4. Meningioma do not spread
Meningioma brain tumors are usually benign, and they do not spread to other body parts. This tumor can quietly grow for years and do not cause any kind of problem.
5. Treatment of meningioma
In case meningioma is small and not causing any kind of problem, then the best brain doctor will recommend observation, and you may have regular MRIs to keep a check on it. But if it is large, surgery will be needed to remove it that will be done through a craniotomy process. The surgical procedure depends upon the location of the tumor, and each approach varies as per tumor location. Tumors that are close to the surface are much easier to access in comparison to those located along with the skull.
List of top brain tumor surgery doctors in India
There are best treatment methods in India for meningioma, and there are many best brain tumor surgery doctors in India to perform meningioma surgery. These doctors are expert and qualified health care professionals. Below we have listed some of the best brain doctors in India :
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya, with 20 years of experience working at FORTIS MEMORIAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE, GURGAON.
- Dr. V. P. Singh with 30 years of experience, working at MEDANTA – THE MEDI CITY, GURGAON
- Dr. Aditya Gupta with 21 years of experience, working at ARTEMIS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- Dr. Rana Patir with 26 years of experience, working at FORTIS FLT. LT. RAJAN DHALL HOSPITAL, VASANT KUNJ, NEW DELHI
- Dr. Ghulam Muqtada Khan with 20 years of experience, working at GLOBAL HOSPITALS, MUMBAI.
- Dr. Balamurugan M with 20 years of experience, working at APOLLO HOSPITALS, GREAMS ROAD, CHENNAI.
- Dr. Srinivasan Paramasivam with 17 years of experience, working at APOLLO HOSPITALS, GREAMS ROAD, CHENNAI
- Dr. Alok Sharma with 27 years of experience, working at NEUROGEN BRAIN AND SPINE INSTITUTE, MUMBAI
- Dr. Arun Saroha with 19 years of experience, working at MAX SUPER SPECIALTY HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- Dr. A.K. Banerji with 50 years of experience, working at MEDANTA – THE MEDI CITY, GURGAON
Depending upon the location, some meningiomas grow slowly and do not show any symptoms, and then they show symptoms and many meningiomas that grow speedily. Thus no one can p[redict the rate of growth of this brain tumor. Several people have this type of tumor at only one state, but there is a possibility that it can grow simultaneously at many other parts of the brain as well as the spinal cord. To treat more than one type of meningiomas, many types of treatment are used. Generally, people between the age of 40 to 70 are more prone to meningioma tumor and are most likely in women and is rare in children. Treatment of meningioma is very important; however, it does not harm if its small in size, but the regular observation is vital to stay healthy. There are many best brain doctors in India to consult and treat the condition.