A – General information:
Along with skin, hair, nails are what people care the most about on their body, especially women. Every year, we put tons of makeup products and cosmetics on our skin, especially for celebrities or those who constantly have to stand in front of the public. These are all negative impacts put on our nails. DUe to this reason, our nails cannot remain the natural pink color, which is the point we notice yellow nails on our skin.
Yellow nails are the condition that our nails turn into the yellow shade and can occur in both men and women. This causes them very embarrassing and sometimes, feel very confident and insecure about their nails, their hands. Mostly because of the dark color nails.
Yellow nails can be caused by varied reason, not just because nails polish or cosmetic put on our nails. It is maybe the indication of diabetes or psoriasis. In some worst case, you might be prepared as yellow nails are the signs of skin cancer. Therefore, do not ever underestimate this problem.
As stated above, yellow nails are very dangerous even though it is not the skin problem itself. Sometimes, our health status is revealed through nails, in case they are all yellow, you cannot tell anything about your health status.
B – How to get rid of yellow nails:
As dangerous as it sounds, we need to get rid of yellow nails. Before going to consult the doctor, you can take actions by yourself and there are natural ways to help you out. Applying natural home remedies is considered as good ideas as you can make use of all ingredient within your kitchen and they do not take too much time of ours.
Following are five popular natural home remedies you should make use of at home that have been tried and tested.
Lemon is a wonderful ingredient, a miracle we can find within our small kitchen. There are the high amount of bleaching effects from this ingredient that help to remove the stain or yellowish color form of the nails without irritating your skin. Besides, lemon can help to retain the natural pink color of nails. There are couples of simple ways you can apply if you want to make use of lemon effectively:
- Option 1: to directly apply the juice
- Squeeze one fresh lemon cut in halves to get the extracted juice.
- Dip a soft cotton ball or soft toothbrush in the mixture then gently scrub all over your nails, 5 fingers.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes then rinsing off with water and apply moisturizer if you prefer.
- Option 2: to dip your hands in the lemonade mixture
- Similar to the first one, squeeze halves of fresh lemon in a cup of warm water.
- Have your finger dipped thoroughly in the mixture and leave it there for 10 minutes.
- Rinsing off with water if necessary and apply moisturizer/ essential to make your nails glowing.
2. Baking Powder:
For the cleaning benefits, baking powder is the best. There are bleaching effect and exfoliating properties in baking soda that works well to loosen the appearance of dark and yellowish color of the nails while still remain the natural color of the nails. Using baking powder can also help to strengthen the quality of the nails and thicken them. Tips to use baking powder is also super simple and you can add few drops of lemon juice to get the best of this ingredient.
- In a cup, mix baking powder, lemon juice, and olive oil together, follow the 2:1:1 ratio.
- Mix them well together then use a toothbrush to dip in the mixture
- Scrub all your hands, 5 fingers in one time and leave it there to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinsing off well with warm water after that then apply nails moisturizer.
Try to avoid polishing your nails few weeks after that and keep doing this method 3 times a week, your nails will naturally come back to its original color.
3. Tea Tree Oil:
There is the high concentration of antiseptic and antimicrobial from tea tree oil that helps to fight off infection. In case you apply all over your nails, it will eventually recover to natural color and then get stronger. Thanks to all these reasons, tea tree oil is known as one of the most effective natural home remedies you can make use of to get rid of yellow nails. To make the most of tea tree oil, you can add along a bit of lemon juice. Here is how to:
- Mix tea tree oil with lemon juice follow 1:1 ratio.
- Dilute with a half cup of water then dip your hands into the mixture.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes to soften the fingers and properties to absorb all over to your fingers.
- Wash off with warm water after that.
- Do this for 3 times or 4 times a day and you will find the satisfied result.
4. Whitening Toothpaste:
Another super simple way is to use whitening toothpaste. There are safe bleaching properties in the toothpaste that works the best to help you to get rid of yellow nails. The highest concentration of whitening properties can be found in toothpaste is hydrogen peroxide. If your nails are infected with mild stains and blur yellow color, it good that you go for this agent. Plus side is that it is super simple to apply:
- Directly take out the certain amount of whitening toothpaste and apply over your fingers.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes then rinsing off well with warm water after 10 minutes.
- Apply few times a week and you will find a satisfied result.
- Remember not to apply every day as it might dry out your nails and makes it cannot retain the natural color.