What are Denture Implants?
Denture Implants are small metal frames or structures which are placed beneath the teeth into the gums and act as the root of the tooth. They are implanted surgically and allow the dentist to add artificial teeth on top of it. They are made from titanium and can be modified according to individual requirements.
Types of Denture Implants
There are mainly three types of Denture Implants that are most common, namely, Endosteal, Subperiosteal and Zygomatic. Among these types, the most popularly used method is the Endosteal. Subperiosteal is also used often but Zygomatic is generally avoided due to its complicated procedure.
- Endosteal Implants – Although the easiest method, it requires a strong and fit jawbone for the implant to stay fixed properly. They look like screws and are used to keep the artificial tooth in place. This method takes some time to completely heal as the screw needs to situate itself into the jawbone correctly. Once that’s done the false tooth is placed on it.
- Sub-periosteal Implants – This method is mainly used by those who are uncomfortable with having screws placed into the jawbone. In this case, the denture
implantsareplaced above the bone but below the gum. It is in the shape of a frame with posts which is put below the gums. Once the healing is done, the artificial teeth are fixed on these posts. This method is also used in those cases where the patient has very weak or almost non-existent jawbones.
- Zygomatic Implants – This procedure is very complicated and so is hardly ever used. It is mainly applied in those cases where the patients have limited jawbone to work with. In this procedure, the dentist puts the denture implants inside the cheekbones instead of the jawbone. Only extremely rare cases are dealt with in this method.
Benefits of Denture Implants
- Improves Health and Shape of Jawbone – The implants prevent further damage to the jawbone and so give your face a better shape as well. When you lose teeth, it leads to lose lips, wobbly chin and overall deformed shape. The implants help in reconstructing the damage done and revive the health and look of the mouth area.
- Increases Self- confidence – When you start looking good and stop feeling insecure about your appearance, it will automatically increase your self-confidence and you will feel happier about yourself both physically and mentally. The mouth area draws significant attention in a person’s face and so a restructured shapely jawline will surely improve the entire appearance considerably.
- Improves Lifestyle – Any kind of physical deformity and damage sets us back mentally a lot. We feel bad and insecure about ourselves and try to hide from others, cutting off our chance at happiness. With missing teeth, it becomes uncomfortable to do a lot of things. However, with the help of denture implants, you will feel confident, happy and at ease. It will not hinder you from being yourself and achieving the goals you have set for yourself. You will be able to eat and smile comfortably. Also, there won’t be any need to deal with braces, adhesives and other problematic instruments.
- Long-term Solution – Other methods might solve the problems, but they do not last for long. However dental implants last forever. Since they are made of titanium and attach themselves strongly with the jawbone, they do not get damaged easily. They don’t cause any problem to your body.
Denture Implants are the ultimate solution to all your jawbone and teeth related problems. They are really effective and have no side effects. Hope this information helps you to lead a happy and healthy life. Keep smiling!